02 May Revealing Your Inner Warrior
Have you ever wanted to do something but your fear kept you from going for it? Or maybe you just felt like you didn’t have the time or energy. Do you wonder what it would take to enable you to muster up the strength and courage to go after your dreams?
Thankfully, you can pursue whatever you want in life by putting some simple strategies to work that will reveal your inner warrior!
Use these strategies to help you create the life you desire:
Get acquainted with your physical strength. Pumping some iron will help you recognize your physical strength, which is an important step to revealing your inner strength. If you love aerobics, get your heart pumping and do them with a vengeance, as long as your doctor approves.
If you’re interested in improving your balance and flexibility, practice yoga to strengthen those. The point is that feeling physically strong will help you go after your dreams in other aspects of your life. Think of yourself as a warrior-in-training.
1. Know that you can do it. Just like the children’s story, “The Little Engine that Could,” so, too, can you do what you desire. You must know and believe, deep down inside yourself, that you can achieve your greatest dreams.
2. Keep your focus. Sure, you’ve got to go to work, raise your family, and live your life in the here and now. However, stay focused on your dreams by keeping reminders in your car, bedroom, living room, and briefcase or purse. Make a vision board with images and words about your goals and dreams and hang it on a wall where you’ll see it often.
3. Refuse to let anyone or anything stop you. If you’re 35 years old and you still want to go to college, start taking courses one at a time during your off-work time. If people say, “You’re too old for that” or, “You’ve already got a job. There’s no need for that,” just ignore them. A warrior is single-minded, and isn’t deterred by others’ perspectives.
4. Educate yourself thoroughly. Do you want to move to California so you can surf on the weekends? Read everything you can about the California coastline, the cities and towns found along the ocean, and the locales for the best surfing. Study it. Learn all there is to know about the area. The more you know, the more you can do.
5. Allot time in your week. Take small steps each week. For example, if your dream involves visiting all 50 states in the US, start by planning time to create a budget that allows you to visit 2 states a year: one relatively close by and the other further away.
- Also, schedule time to research the 2 states you plan to visit this year. This strategy is closely related to keeping your focus (#3) because if you’re regularly allotting time to work toward your goals, the minutes you spend on doing related activities will bring you closer to the dreams that are your focus. A wise warrior plans ahead.
6. Share your goals with your friends and family members. They’ll most likely be interested and thrilled that you’re going after what you want in life. They might even be inspired to try to fulfill their own dreams.
7. Love yourself. A concept that sounds simple yet is incredibly complex, loving yourself will help you see that you’re truly worth the time, effort, trouble, space, and money to stay focused on whatever you seek in life. A warrior is truly proud of what he can achieve.
You absolutely have the right to go after your dreams. When you follow these steps to uncover your inner warrior, no person or situation can stand between you and achieving your dreams.
Although it will take work and practice, revealing your inner warrior just might turn out to be the greatest adventure of your life!